Terms & Conditions
By booking any of our offered services, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions listed below. This agreement is legally binding.
1. The length of training required depends upon the dog's capability to learn and its prior experiences, both good and bad. Ongoing training at home must continue to see results.
2. On lead policy. The Dog will not be allowed entirely off the lead without prior verbal consent from the Owner. If deemed necessary by the trainer. When outdoors, the Dog will be attached to a 10 to 15 metre training line to help reinforce recall. If the Trainer feels that the Dog is OK to be off the training lead, then the training lead will not be attached. The long training line will be attached to a well fitted harness supplied by the Owner, or to the collar. This is to ensure that the Dog is not allowed to practise unwanted behaviours. The long line does not guarantee that the Dog will not be able to run away. The Owner must continue to keep a lead on the Dog until the Dog is 100% reliable.
3. Reward based training: The Trainer will use positive reward based training techniques. The Trainer will use food, toys, praise, stroking and the environment to reward behaviour. The Trainer will not use prong collars, choke chains, electric collars or physical punishment.
4. Expectations. It may not be possible in some cases to achieve all of the goals. Every dog is different and depending on the Dogs age, breed and temperament, the Dog may not reach his training goals in the length of time that is preferable to the Owner. The Trainer will notify the Owner if any areas are identified where goals need to be modified.
5. Full permission is given to take photos and videos of you and your dog and you agree for Devoted Dogs to use this material for advertising and promotion purposes.
6. Distraction proofing: initial training and walks will take place in quiet, local areas such as a recreation ground to establish the initial training. Once the dogs training is at the required level, the dog will be taken to more populated areas such as local commons and dog parks. Controlled and uncontrolled distractions are added into your dog’s training schedule when they are ready to help proof obedience training to distractions. Dogs do not generalise very well, so despite the fact that strange dogs and people will be introduced, your dog will still need his training maintained when he see’s strange dogs and people with you at home. If the dog displays aggressive tendencies towards dogs or people, then contact with unknown dogs and people will be either limited or inappropriate – in this case, known dogs and people will be utilised for training. The Owner will need to continue to interrupt unwanted behaviour, and reinforce the desired response.
7. Aggression: We make no guarantees on fixing dogs with aggression issues. If your dog is displaying on lead aggression, we can introduce new dogs into simulated training scenario’s to teach your dog not to react to other dogs. We can also take your dog out into public areas to further generalise the training around unknown dogs. However this does not guarantee that your dog will not revert back to old behaviours and habits if the training is not kept up. In times of stress or when put into a difficult situation, the dog will always revert back to old behaviours, usually for life.
8. If your dog is displaying aggression towards people, we can attempt to make improvements to the behaviour, but we will never put members of the public in danger. We cannot guarantee that your dog will make improvements, nor can we guarantee that your dog won’t revert back to old behaviours.
9. Fees. The fee for the training described in this contract is as follows, 121 behaviour with report £85, 121 behaviour £65, 121 Training £45, Training walk £40. Your invoice will be sent to you the weekend prior to your booking, to be settled before your appointment. If the balance payment doesn’t arrive, training will not commence until is it received. Workshops are £100 for 4 hours and your invoice will be sent to you 1 month prior to the event date, if payment has not been received your place will not be held and you will be unable to attend unless you make payment. The balance for rolling weekly training walks is to be paid 1 month up front, no less than 48 hours prior to your first booking of the month. Devoted Dogs cover a 10 mile radius of Bolney Village, outside of this radius, clients are subject to a 70p per mile additional charge.
10. Cancelation. Rolling weekly training walks are contracted to provide 1 months notice to Devoted Dogs if they would like to cancel or rearrange their booking, if this notice is not provided, the owner will be responsible for the appointment fee and any costs incurred by Devoted Dogs to recover the fee's. If you have booked onto a workshop, you must give at least 7 days notice to cancel or give up your space, otherwise you will be responsible for paying the space fee and any costs incurred by Devoted Dogs for recovering the fee. Ad-Hoc training walks and 121's require a minimum of 48 hours notice to cancel or reschedule, any later than this, the client will be responsible for the appointment fee and any costs incurred by Devoted Dogs for recovering the fee. The fee is due no later than 48 hours before your training booking. If the owner fails to make the full payment, the owner will forfeit his booking and still be responsible for the fee plus any legal costs involved in recovering the owed monies.
15. Refunds. By entering into a training contract with Devoted Dogs, I understand that by accepting the guarantee that no refund will be given in event that I am dissatisfied with the dogs progress. I understand that my dog is an individual by age, breed and temperament and that it is impossible to guarantee that my dog will learn the desired behaviours. I also understand that it is impossible to guarantee any kind of reliability to distractions and that the Trainer will do their best to ensure that a satisfactory level of training is achieved. The Owner also accepts that the Dog may not show any improvement whatsoever and that in this event, no refund will be given. The Owner is paying for the Trainers time training the dog, not for results. The Owner also accepts that whilst every care is taken to ensure the dog’s health and safety during training, that no refund will be available should the dog sustain injury or become unwell.
16. If you are dissatisfied with the level of training achieved or the service provided by Devoted Dogs, you must contact email@example.com directly within 14 days.
17. Activities: I understand certain “activities” that my dog may participate in, including socialisation sessions, town walks, one-on-one play, movement within and outside the trainers home, and transportation to and from Devoted Dogs, involve risk and possible injury, including but not limited to: Exposure to parasites, viruses, and other medical conditions passed from dog-to-dog or person-to-dog; Sprains, strains, bites, skin sores, broken bones; Motor vehicle accident during transportation; and Fatigue, dehydration, nicks, cuts, or death. I further understand that not each and every potential risk can be listed above but, nonetheless agree that the benefits associated with dog training and socialisation outweigh the possible risks, therefore, I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to hold harmless and indemnify Devoted Dogs, and its agents, successors, heirs, from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, or rights of action, which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my dogs participation in activities at Devoted Dogs, including those allegedly attributable to the negligent acts or omissions of Devoted Dogs or their instructors.
18. Veterinary Care. If the Dog requires veterinary care, the Trainer will make a reasonable attempt to contact the Owner so that the Owner can obtain veterinary care for the Dog. If the Owner cannot be reached, the Trainer will arrange on behalf of the Owner for veterinary care to which the Owner consents as set forth below. All veterinary fees are the responsibility of the Owner and where possible, the owner will be contacted to pay the veterinary fees over the phone at the time of treatment. If the owner cannot be reached, then an invoice will be sent to the owner. If convenient, the Trainer will take the Dog to the Dog's veterinarian, but the Trainer reserves the right to take the Dog to a veterinarian selected by the Trainer, using reasonable care in the selection of a veterinarian.
19. Data Protection. Devoted Dogs fully comply with The Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR. Your personal data is handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage.
20. Liability Release & Waiver. The Owner hereby acknowledges and agrees that he/she is voluntarily participating in Dog Training with the Trainer. Devoted Dogs, will exercise all necessary and proper care and precautions to keep participant and dogs safe during training and walking and to prevent injury to any person, property, other dog or person. However, because dogs are unpredictable animals with their own will and drives, Devoted Dogs cannot protect against every potential injury, risk or accident. Accordingly the Owner, hereby acknowledges and agrees that this Release and Waiver shifts the risk of participating in dog training exclusively to the Owner.
21. Governing law and jurisdiction. This Agreement is governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The parties will submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
By making a booking with Devoted Dogs, I agree I have read the above terms and conditions. I know, understand, and agree to all terms stated above.